Launch your teen into early financial independence with a FREE Call Federal Launch Checking account. Your teenager can learn everyday banking essentials without the worries of minimum balances or monthly service fees, all while earning dividends. Plus, our Money & Beyond Jr. program is a fun and interactive way to engage your child in learning essential financial skills to help their growing journey.
- FREE really means free! $0 monthly service or maintenance fees and no minimum balance requirements
- Visa Debit card so your teen has convenient access to their funds when they need it
- With 24/7 access to account information through online and mobile banking, your teen can learn the basics of account management
- Your teen’s account safety is important, with Call Federal Card Controls you can monitor your teens account and set-up alerts
- Lost card? Don’t worry, Card Controls also allows you to freeze or unfreeze debit cards quickly
- Access tailored financial education for your teen that can develop early positive money habits
Ready To Get Started?
Is your teen already a Call Federal member? Visit one of our seven local branches to set-up a Launch Checking account today.
- Verify your information is up to date and add your teens contact information to get them active and engaged
- Sign your new account documents
- Be on your way with your instant issued Visa debit card.
Launch Checking FAQ’s
At what age can a teen open a checking account?
At age 13, your teen can launch into a Call Federal checking account.
Does my teen have to be present to open their new checking account?
Yes, we ask that you and your teen to visit together at account opening. This is a great time for your teen to learn of all the great new features they have access to.
What do we need to open their new Launch checking?
Visit a local branch with their up-to-date DMV ID to get started. Don’t have a DMV Id? Bring in your child’s school ID and social security card. If you have any questions or concerns around documentation, please don’t hesitate to call us at 804-274-1200 to check before you come in.
How does my teen get access to their checking account?
Our Launch teen checking comes with a FREE instant issued Visa Debit card where they can conveniently access their funds.
Does the Launch Checking require a joint owner?
Yes! While we encourage your teen to be active and engaged in their account, minors requires a parent/ legal guardian joint owner until age 18.
Does the Launch Teen Checking have overdraft protection?
Our teen checking account has the ability to transfer needed funds from their 01 savings, because we know unexpected expenses happen. But the Launch teen checking is unable to participate in Call Federal Courtesy Pay. This service becomes an options after the youth member turns 18.
Launch Your Teen's Financial Future Today!
Our member service team is ready to answer your questions about saving with Call Federal.
Visit a Branch
You can open a youth savings account at any of our six convenient branch locations.
View our member discounts including amusement park tickets.