Buying A Car the Call Federal Way in 2022
Best-selling author & leadership guru Simon Sinek popularized the phrase “start with why”, based on the premise that any process worth taking seriously should begin with that basic question. If this is the beginning of your vehicle search, ask yourself… Why are you in the market for a new car right now?
Starting With Why
Has your family outgrown your current vehicle? Maybe you’re rewarding yourself for a big promotion. Do you just need more reliable transportation to and from work? Or perhaps you’re looking for something more economical or environmentally-friendly. Once you answer this foundational question, you’re ready to tap into resources like TrueCar and get to know our industry-leading Check-In-Hand loan program that makes your vehicle purchase quick, easy, and convenient.
And if you get stuck or have questions at any step along the way, our team of savvy car buying specialists are always ready to help.
Call Federal + TrueCar = A Better Way
Is this a good deal? Am I getting a fair price? These are straightforward questions that most shoppers find oddly difficult to get an answer to. Thankfully, our partners at TrueCar can provide those answers quickly and easily. In addition to finding great deals on new and quality pre-owned vehicles in your area (without setting foot on a dealer’s lot), you’ll see what others in the area paid for the car you want, plus real pricing and CARFAX data on the exact vehicles that are available. This peace of mind is priceless, but there are amazing savings, too! On average, new car buyers save $1824 off the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) when taking advantage of all TrueCar has to offer.
Buying from a Private (non-dealer) Seller? You’ll need to complete and submit a copy of this vehicle bill of sale with your loan documents.
“I was in and out of the dealership in 30 minutes. Very flexible program, helped make the buying process a cinch!”
– Bryan W., Midlothian, VA
From Check-In-Hand to Keys In Hand: A Checklist
Apply for your Check-In-Hand loan
The “why” we buy may be different, but everyone needs to make sure their purchase fits their budget. Our process removes the guesswork so you know exactly how much car you can afford. Click here to apply now!
Understand the Conditions of Your Loan
You’re ready to buy from any dealership, but there’s still a few things you need to know. Check out the “At the Dealership” section below.
Know The Value of Your Trade-In
Finding out what your current vehicle is worth in trade is as important as the price of your new car. We recommend NADAguides.com.
Let the Dealer Know You Have Your Financing
No awkward visit to the finance manager’s office necessary! All the details they need are included in the “Instructions to Dealer” documentation that accompanies your check.
Complete and Sign Your Check
As you might imagine, this is a very important step. Congratulations on your new car!
Our car buying specialists are ready to help at any stage during your process, but at some point, you’ll likely be dealing face-to-face with a salesperson.
Here are some of our best suggestions for preparing for that situation:
- Determine the features you really want and need in your new vehicle before you set foot in a dealership – there are many options that significantly increase the price of the vehicle.
- Visit more than one dealership and ask for firm offers without sharing your approval limits with the dealer.
- As much as possible, remove emotion from the transaction.
- Don’t rush your purchase. Be willing to walk away from a bad deal.
- Let dealers know you have your financing in place; there’s no need to discuss payment options.
- Look for special promotions that dealerships may have throughout the year, especially holiday weekends and end of year.
- If you like a vehicle, but see areas for improvement (scratches, stains, worn tires, etc.), go ahead and ask for them to be fixed… without any change to the offer price.
AT THE DEALERSHIP – READY TO BUY
When you find that right car at the right price, regardless of dealership, just complete the form and sign the check… hand it to the sales manager, take the keys (and a selfie!), drive away in your new ride!
A few things to keep in mind…
- Your first payment will be due 60 days from the date you sign the check over to the dealership.
- Your Check-In-Hand loan is approved for the terms discussed with your Call Federal representative. A copy of those terms is included in your documentation; the loan amount will be the amount the check is ultimately written for.
- Be sure to read all the information printed on your check. Additional vehicle conditions may apply; refer to the “Instructions to the Dealer” section of the loan document for full details.
- The vehicle you select must not exceed the maximum “loan-to-value” (LTV) listed on the Check-In-Hand loan disclosure.
AFTER YOUR PURCHASE
Call Federal is with you every step of the way. After you have purchased your car, a loan consultant will contact you to discuss:
- The final terms of your loan – Balance, payment amount, payment due dates, and available payment options, such as automatic transfers from your account.
- Your car-buying experience – We’re always looking to improve and sincerely value your feedback. Email us anytime at [email protected]
- Your options for insurance and payment protection – Call Federal & its partners offer members a variety of well-priced products to help protect us from life’s unexpected turns.
Payment Protection Options
Through our agreement with CUNA Mutual Group, Call Federal can offer its members great products and rates to help protect them from the unexpected events life can throw at us. Please talk to any of our loan consultants today to evaluate if any of these are right for you.
Our team is full of auto lending specialists, ready to answer any and all questions you may have about the car buying process. Complete the form below and we’ll get you the answers you need ASAP.
Car Buying Questions
Car buying has become more convenient, but when it comes to getting a great deal, the latest gimmicks and hype are no substitute for research and preparation.
No matter how much car-buying changes, we all want to get the right car for our money. Starting the process with a pre-approval is a great way to save.
When it comes to buying a car, it’s important to consider the true costs of a vehicle purchase and fitting those expenses into your monthly budget.
Refinancing your vehicle loan to a lower rate and monthly savings may seem like a “no-brainer”, but the reality is not always so clear-cut.